New and Noteworthy Niacinamide in Skincare
New skincare ingredients are constantly popping up in the skincare and beauty industry—many with pretty questionable and unknown sources and production standards. They can get confusing and overwhelming, leaving us all unsure of what really works and what is just the latest fad. The "clean beauty" practices washing over the industry aren't much different, with many brands touting their ingredients as the very best and most effective yet not demonstrating how or why. At Zerfect, we not only talk the talk but walk the walk, so you can always be informed about the ingredients you're putting on your skin. Now, we're here to introduce niacinamide—one of the most in-demand ingredients on the market.
Here is all you need to know about niacinamide.
What Is Niacinamide?
Also referred to as Nicotinamide, Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B3 (niacin). Niacin is a water-soluble vitamin that the human body by itself cannot easily or quickly produce directly. Therefore, niacin needs to be introduced into the body via skincare, foods, and supplements. Vitamin B3 has also long been touted as a multi-beneficial ingredient for good health as it helps the body maintain cells and improves metabolism. When it comes to skincare, niacinamide is fantastic at providing anti-inflammatory and skin-brightening properties. It's an excellent choice for people with sensitive skin, lots of oil production, acne-prone skin, and other similar skin conditions.
Benefits of Niacinamide
From smoothing out wrinkles to balancing skin tone to treating severe skincare conditions, niacinamide is undoubtedly a superstar skincare ingredient for all the right reasons! Here are the five main benefits of niacinamide:
- Anti-inflammatory and Antioxidant properties help reduce inflammation and redness in conditions like eczema, acne, and other inflammatory problems. The antioxidant properties help your skin build cells and protect them from harsh environmental stressors such as sunlight, toxins, and dirt.
- Acne and oil production: Niacinamide can be remarkably helpful with severe acne and improves skin texture and lesions caused by scarring. It also helps your skin regulate oil production and prevents your glands from overproducing oil.
- Hyperpigmentation: Niacinamide does an incredible job reducing hyperpigmentation and lightening dark spots by increasing natural collagen production.
- Aging: Niacinamide is beneficial in reducing certain signs of aging, such as wrinkles, fine lines, and saggy skin.
- Niacinamide has proven that it's a great active ingredient that keeps your skin bright and healthy. It's also made via environmentally friendly processes and can be used with other active ingredients for even better results.
Try our Propolis Serum by Zerfect and our Mangosteen Lightweight Daily Moisturizer today.